- The favorite: Jonathan Harr's A Civil Action.
- The storytellers: Zyg Plater's The Snail Darter and the Dam: How Pork-Barrel Politics Endangered a Little Fish and Killed a River and Oliver Houck's Taking Back Eden: Eight Environmental Cases that Changed the World.
- Houck's and Richard Lazarus's Environmental Law Stories.
- Lazarus's The Making of Environmental Law.
- Gerald Stern's The Buffalo Creek Disaster.
This is obviously a very American list and one with a very recent focus. Anyone have any other suggestions?